Papier Mache & other free hobbies for all ages

Options
15678911»

Comments

• MoKa_2
    MoKa_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Bumping this thread because it's fab and I need a sealed pot for my £2 coin collection. :D

Frugaldom, I love that you didn't just go for the King Penguin but chose one of the lesser known breeds like the Macaroni Penguin.

:cool:
    My cottage industry: MoKaPottery (on FB)
    :) DFW/MFW lurker :)
    £2 saved - £78
  • Bunny82
    Bunny82 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Bumpity bump.

Anyone up for this? I'm going to do a cow for the Sealed Pot Challenge. Haven't done papier mache since I was about 9!
    Dry January: 31/31 days. :T
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Bunny82. Papier Mache is fantastic frugal fun, glad you found the thread interesting and are about to make a 'cash cow'. The one I made is still going strong, as is the penguin. Sadly, 'Phil the Pig' fell foul to one too many openings, so he'll need to be remade at some point in the future. Right now, I've no spare newspapers as the ones I'm being given are needed for lighting the fire. :D
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • asparagus1968
    Options
    wow, what a fantastic thread- LOVING it !!
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• DdraigGoch
    Options
    It's time to start feeding the Spare Money Tin - the name IS ironic! - and since I have no intention of either paying for a sealed tin, nor soldering one shut, even if I could!, it's out with the balloons and back to making myself a Prudence Penguin or a Cash Cow, maybe even a Direct Debit Dog!:D:rotfl:
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • Frugaldom
    Options
    Hi Ddraig! How lovely to see you back here. D'you know what? After all these years, I STILL have the 3' balloon that has never been made into a whopping great sealed bank but I think 2013 may just be the year to make it happen! :D

• ostrichnomore_2
    Options
    I love these - especially cash cow.

I'm going to make myself one (I normally use a pringle tube with a slot cut in the lid for my change pot) and if it's any good I'll make some for Christmas next year. Lots of my family made home-made crafts gifts this year and I felt a bit embarrassed that I hadn't bothered - so much nicer than bought prezzies. They'd made patchwork quilts, sock monkeys, other soft toys, and wooden family trees.

Actually, as well as the cow, I think I'll see what I can turn a pringles tube into with a bit of papier mache as well. They are so sturdy they'd make great bases for um, don't know what yet. Any ideas? Totem pole?
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]I am a long term poster using an alter ego for debts and anything where I might mention relationship problems or ex. I hope you understand :o
    LBM 08/03/11. Debts Family member [STRIKE]£1600[/STRIKE], HMRC NI £324.AA [STRIKE]137.45[/STRIKE]. Halifax credit card (debt sold to Arrow Global)[STRIKE]673.49[/STRIKE]Mystery CCJ £252 Santander overdraft £[STRIKE]239[/STRIKE] £0 .
  • Frugaldom
    Options
    Just popping in to see if anyone else had got around to posting photos of their banks and to say that both Penny Penguin and Cash Cow are still going strong after almost 6 years. Sadly, Phil the Pig succumbed to one too many house moves.

I never did get around to making the huge pig but guess what I have found while unpacking long-forgotten 'stuff'? My 3' balloons! Now I just need to work out how to blow them up and keep them in place... not only are they several years older, I am too! :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport