PPI TAX & BANKRUPTCY

Options
Hi apologies if this has been asked before but i am sick of being bombarded with ads for PPI tax claims.
I was made bankrupt in 2007, i was awarded a 12k PPI payout in 2104 which of course went to the official receiver (i wasn't told this when i claimed despite being totally honest about the bankruptcy with the claim firm) then in August 2019 i received £1600 from HMRC from the PPI claim. Am i entitled to claim any tax back or not...

Any impartial help most welcomed.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i wasn't told this when i claimed despite being totally honest about the bankruptcy with the claim firm
    Claims companies and honesty are not things that go together.

Am i entitled to claim any tax back or not...
    The HMRC payment is the tax being refunded.   HMRC typically pick these up many years later. The manual method just makes sure it isnt missed or speeds it up.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Options
    Hi apologies if this has been asked before but i am sick of being bombarded with ads for PPI tax claims.
    I was made bankrupt in 2007, i was awarded a 12k PPI payout in 2104 which of course went to the official receiver (i wasn't told this when i claimed despite being totally honest about the bankruptcy with the claim firm) then in August 2019 i received £1600 from HMRC from the PPI claim. Am i entitled to claim any tax back or not...

Any impartial help most welcomed.
    What do you think the £1600 was 🤔

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport