Standard Variable Rate or Fix again?
I have 4 years left on my mortgage with an outstanding balance of £27,000. My very low fix is due to end at the end of the year. I am considering going to the SVR and not fixing again as I am able to overpay about £250 every month. However, I am not particularly good at crunching the numbers and not sure whether I would be better fixing again for 2 years and saving the money to pay a lump sum off the mortgage at the end of the fix. Any clues or any calculators you can point me in the right direction to please?
Mortgage £32,000Unsecured loan £10,800
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards