Plastic gazebo curtains?

I've been tasked with pricing up some windproof curtains for a wooden gazebo-type structure, but not having a clue on the subject, hoped someone here could offer a few pointers, if only on what to avoid.
As a pure guestimate, there'll be 2 openings to cover, one about 2 metres x 2 metres, the other 2 metres x 5 meters.

I was originally passed to use, until I pointed out it's an American site.
I've found a few on Amazon, all Chinese companies. So far, the only English looking site I've seen is

My first concern is over the thickness of material I should be looking for. The American site states 20 gauge, which according to Google is about 0.9mm. Compared to the English site which lists only 0.08mm.

If anyone can suggest any good sites to visit, or what to avoid, it could make my task a whole lot more straightforward.  I can add more info if it helps, but didn't want to start with a pointless essay.


  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Forumite Posts: 1,945
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    0.08 mm x 1000 = 80 micrometres thick.  Cling film is generally 8-10 micrometres thick.  So that is very thin material.
    Suggests that's a unit mistake to me.  Either 0.08 inches, or 2 mm thick??  Or more likely should be 0.8 mm??
    Ask them?  Get a sample sent?

    20 Mil is a US term for 20/1000 th of an inch 0.02 in = 0.6 mm (rounded up).  Seen on some UK sites selling such products

    20 American Wire Gauge is  0.032"  = 0.8128 mm.

    It's minefield.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards