TV license discount for sheltered housing.

Options
I brought this up and was told that management tried but were turned down due to all customers not meeting the criteria and again after appealing that they would take off those customers still no. I don't understand what this means. Does anyone know how to find help with this? Thanks.

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Might be easier to simply not require a TV license at all.  That would be by not watching any live tv or using BBC iPlayer.  This would only work for you of course if you are paying your license yourself.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie
    Options
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Mati
    Mati Posts: 65 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks @Brie but it is not covered on that link.
  • Brie
    Options
    ok - so maybe you could explain or find out a bit more info as to why not all residents meet the criteria.  That seems to be the crucial bit I think.  Do you apply for your license separately?  Maybe there's something on the application process that allows you to request the discount??  I did just apply for a license myself but didn't notice anything.
  • Mati
    edited 7 August 2023 at 2:15PM
    Options
    I ended up buying a license but will ask the warden again - it's just she does not seem very reliable or honest. It says nowhere that all residents must ,meet the criteria which is what I have been told.
  • Mati
    Options
    I rang them up and apparently all residents must be over 60 retired or disabled which makes it just about impossible! We have 2 residents working so that's it. No concessions.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback