IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

6 PCN's and a historic CCJ

Options

Comments

• 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What was the date of your friend's parking event.
  • 63realfan
    63realfan Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    What was the date of your friend's parking event.
    17/10/2021, 23/10/2021, 24/10/2021, 02/11/2021, 10/11/2021, 03/11/2021
  • 63realfan
    Options
    Am I right in saying CoP is Codes of Practice? I have no clue what the correct CoP is. I know it sounds stupid but I'm still not 100% with the legislation side of stuff with codes of practice etc. I will leave that part out for now as need to send off paperwork Monday. Application sent Friday but need to finalise things today
  • 63realfan
    edited 15 October 2023 at 8:27AM
    Options
    @Coupon-mad @1505grandad
    Took me about 3 hours of scouring the forum but think I found it - 

Under British Parking Association Approved Operator Scheme which UK PARKING CONTROL LTD are a part of their code of practice states 23.1.C “Before serving a Letter Before Claim and prior to the issue of proceedings, Operators must, if no responses have been received to the NTD/NTK/reminder letters, take reasonable endeavours to ensure that the contact details for the person you are writing to are correct

This is however related to a DCBL case with UK Parking Control. Does this apply to UKCPM?
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    UKCPM are IPC AoS members and luckily the parking events are subject to CoP version 8 dated 1.7.2021 (as an aside previous versions are not available  - Google shows code 404).

Link/wording below:-

"22  Debt and Debt Collection

22.1 Operators must take reasonable steps to ensure that the Motorist’s details are
    still correct if 12 months have passed from the Parking Event before issuing court
    proceedings"
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    63realfan said:
    @Coupon-mad @1505grandad

Under British Parking Association Approved Operator Scheme which UK PARKING CONTROL LTD are a part of their code of practice states 23.1.C “Before serving a Letter Before Claim and prior to the issue of proceedings, Operators must, if no responses have been received to the NTD/NTK/reminder letters, take reasonable endeavours to ensure that the contact details for the person you are writing to are correct

This is however related to a DCBL case with UK Parking Control. Does this apply to UKCPM?
    Definitely NOT.  This has nothing to do with the BPA Code of Practice as UKPC and UKCPM are two quite different companies. You're dealing with the latter (UKCPM) who are members of the IPC and it is the IPC's Code of Practice that is in play, not that of the BPA. 

And, to save you another few hours of searching, here's the link to their Code of Practice relevant at the dates of the parking events. 

Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2023 at 11:24AM
    Options
    Do not leave this bit out.  It is vital that you tell the Judge that they breached their CoP.

For some reason, Judges seem to take more notice of that re the requirement to check addresses, than they do of the CPRs that legally require litigants to check addresses.

People who don't show the CoP or mention this breach in CCJ set aside cases, often get told by Judges that using an old unchecked DVLA address for litigation years later, is perfectly OK. Which is total rubbish under the CPR but Judges seem to het a mental block that somehow a DVLA address is 'special'!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 63realfan
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    63realfan said:
    @Coupon-mad @1505grandad

Definitely NOT.  This has nothing to do with the BPA Code of Practice as UKPC and UKCPM are two quite different companies. You're dealing with the latter (UKCPM) who are members of the IPC and it is the IPC's Code of Practice that is in play, not that of the BPA. 

And, to save you another few hours of searching, here's the link to their Code of Practice relevant at the dates of the parking events. 

Legends, thank you. I think we're finally there!!

11. The claimant has therefore breached the CoP which requires addresses to be re-checked by a trace before submitting a claim form. Under IPC (International Parking Community) which UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD are a part of, their code of practice states “22.1 Operators must take reasonable steps to ensure that the Motorist’s details are still correct if 12 months have passed from the Parking Event before issuing court proceedings"

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep.  And check your WS heading has UK Car Park Management and not UKPC as the Claimant by mistake!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 63realfan
    Options
    Yep.  And check your WS heading has UK Car Park Management and not UKPC as the Claimant by mistake!
    I've literally just checked that coincidentally! Awesome. Thank you everyone 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure