IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking eye vhk southall fine

Options
Hi,
I hope if anyone can help me 
Vhk southall parking behind hindu temple,too small parking and on sunday it was extermally busy and I was driving around to find a parking and after 15 minutes of struggle,I managed to find a parking than parking eye app wasn't working but after trying couple of times I pay the parking for 1 hour and I received parking fine that I parked for 1 hour 22 minutes.
I appeal and explain the circumstances that car park was full and I had trouble paying and at the app you go back in time to pay and there was no customer service number to pay over the phone and I send the history of payments that I regularly use thecar park and never over stayed and have no intention to pay and I'm willing to pay for extra 1 hour.
But my apppeal rejected than I appeal with popla,also rejected 
How can I pay for parking my car and my car was hired car and I have to pay £60 admin fee if my appeal not successful.
Please advice.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Complain to the landowner.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • YankeeBrit
    YankeeBrit Posts: 180 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tell the hire company that their £60 admin fee is not justified as you did not receive any "fine". Check the terms and conditions of your hire agreement and see what it says about invoices from unregulated private parking companies.

It's a pity you appealed and blabbed the identity of the driver. If you'd followed the advice as per the Newbies/FAQ thread, you could easily have had this cancelled at POPLA stage. Did you receive a Notice to Hirer (NtH)?

Have you tried Plan A? Complain to the landowner and write to your MP.
  • Kulwinderkaur
    Options
    Thank you yankeebrit and coupan mad.
    How can I find who is the land owner 
    MP in Hayes don't do anything 
  • YankeeBrit
    YankeeBrit Posts: 180 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MP in Hayes don't do anything 
    Have you tried your MP or are you just assuming? How do you think you could start to find out who is the landowner? Google maybe? The Hindu temple maybe?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

SOME IDEAS ON DETERMINING WHO OWNS THE LAND 

1. Google searches
    2. If a retail park, check on any signage which lists the on-site outlets
    3. Ask retailers on the site if there is a managing agent
    4. Ask retailers on the site to whom do they pay rent
    5. Contact the local authority and ask who pays the non-domestic/business rate for the car park (some councils have a spreadsheet on their website)
    6. Contact the local Valuation Office and ask if they know. They often have a website which might provide the information 
    7. Contact The Land Registry and for around £3 they should be able to provide definitive detail
    8. If you haven't already done so, give us the name of the car park/site/location, we may have seen other cases there. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Kulwinderkaur
    Options
    Name of the car park - southall vhk 
    Site - southall 
    Location ID - 806045
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 6 August 2023 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Really wish you'd come here earlier as a 'hirer' Appeal is 100% winnable at POPLA.  Next time!

Now you will be sued if the landowner doesn't cancel it. We will assist but this was (at the time when you were sent your NTH) so easily winnable because it's a hire car.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2023 at 11:05PM
    Options

Gate Close = 9pm.

Is that an official ParkingEye adjustment of the sign's wording?   ;)
  • Kulwinderkaur
    Options
    Really wish you'd come here earlier as a 'hirer' Appeal is 100% winnable at POPLA.  Next time!

Now you will be sued if the landowner doesn't cancel it. We will assist but this was (at the time when you were sent your NTH) so easily winnable because it's a hire car.
    My bad luck!! what if I ignore the fine?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It's not a fine.

My second paragraph answers your question.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback