Fraudulent transaction blocked on "Frozen" card - Should I get a replacement card?

Options
2»

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why would you report the card as stolen when that's not the case? It makes you look suspicious. You're reporting a card as stolen after transactions have been made that you haven't made. That's suspicious behaviour.
    Just tell them the truth. 
    There's no option to do that in the app. The only options are "lost" or "stolen". The card details have clearly been "stolen". 
    If there's no option in the app then you'll need to pick up the phone instead, in order to discuss what's actually happened rather than trying to contort it to fit one of the app options....
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 October 2023 at 12:28PM
    Options
    Why would you report the card as stolen when that's not the case? It makes you look suspicious. You're reporting a card as stolen after transactions have been made that you haven't made. That's suspicious behaviour.
    Just tell them the truth. 
    There's no option to do that in the app. The only options are "lost" or "stolen". The card details have clearly been "stolen". 
    Pick up the phone. They may need to ask questions which the app cannot do
    Better than lying 
    It may also be the case if they're continuous payment authorities, they may be carried over to the new card number as well if you don't speak with the bank 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    TradeInn is a well known Spanish sportswear company. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback