Best deals to new customers or same deals to all customers

Did I dream that companies can not offer better deals to new customers than existing customers. I'm on a monthly mobile contract and was happy with it until I saw much better deals offered to attract new customers. Can I insist on having one of the deals they are offering to new customers.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 August 2023 at 9:38PM
    No you’re thinking of the insurance changes where insurance companies can’t have a better deal to new customers than to existing clients. 
    Phones are different - there is no obligation on mobile phone companies give you the same deal.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Mabel2012
    Mabel2012 Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for putting me straight.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mabel2012 said:
    Did I dream that companies can not offer better deals to new customers than existing customers. I'm on a monthly mobile contract and was happy with it until I saw much better deals offered to attract new customers. Can I insist on having one of the deals they are offering to new customers.
    If you're not in minimum term then you can certainly "insist", of course they may say no in which case ask for your PAC and look elsewhere.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback