pet cost

Options
Im on low income but only recieve pip. The only place that can treat my cat discounted apparently is the pdsa at a discount not free rate.
I have tried to get through via phone, but no one picks up .. what is the cost to have a sicky cat put to sleep, he is 16 and giving up before people offer advice on treatment.
Also the only current proof of PIP i have is my bank statement as my award letter isnt in the required time span. Will they accept that

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-help-and-advice/eligibility

online form for eligibility. 

PIP is mentioned.
    Life in the slow lane
  • SensibleSarah
    Options
    Some PDSA branches are not registering new pets currently and will only treat those on their books already. Bit of a postcode lottery! 
    Depending where you are, you could try Animal Trust if there is one of their surgeries nearby. They tend to be cheaper than standard vets for most things. 

For my cats, PTS costs (in 2021) were around £110 with my national chain vet, which included a communal cremation, just for comparison. 
  • cullet
    cullet Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try crowd funding ?
  • Bluebell1000
    Bluebell1000 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your cat. You could try other local charities as well, or ask your vet if they would consider offering a payment plan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback