PPI Tax Rebate - Brooksdale

Options
I have recently been called by a very pushy person from the above company claiming o am due a tax refund on PPI. Although I can't remember this person claims they processed my PPI claim before and they did have my personal details so they probably did. What i do remember is that i received NO PPI refund as no co. could find any record that I had paid it. Now they are claiming that is because the money was paid in tax and that I am due that back. As no PPI claim was paid I don't see how I am due a tax refund. Is this a scam?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this a scam?
    What would you call someone that is trying to get you to sign up to something that didn't actually happen?

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mickywan
    Options
    It seems that loads of people have fallen foul of Brooksdale's PPI rebate con trick myself included. The question is how do we extricate ourselves from this scam and what are HMRC doing to help the victims?. I'm 70 and receiving a state pension and I've already lost around £100 to these people which for me represents a months utility bills.
  • hollytort
    hollytort Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received an update from HMRC to say I have a rebate due on 15th October 23, today i have not received or heard anything from Brooksdale where the cheque has been sent direct. This company are impossible to contact by phone so I completed an email which I  have no response at all. Any idea what I can do next or suggestions?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollytort said:
    I received an update from HMRC to say I have a rebate due on 15th October 23, today i have not received or heard anything from Brooksdale where the cheque has been sent direct. This company are impossible to contact by phone so I completed an email which I  have no response at all. Any idea what I can do next or suggestions?
    Consider using the small claims court.  However, there is a process you need to complete before you go that far.  
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback