IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EALING PCN no first letter received

Options
hi, my partner was sent a letter from Ealing Council for using a road that has been changed to no cars. Its not a familiar area and on google when planning his journey there were cars using that road in the photos. However, he accepts he was in the wrong. It seems from a brief search that they are making a fortune in fines for that road (Fishers Lane w4) as lots of people are making the same mistake. The problem here is the first letter was not received so the first we know about it is the increased charge from £65 to £195. There does not seem to be any way of contacting them to explain we were not sent the first letter. Can anyone offer a way to explain to them the first letter (which he would have paid straight away) didnt arrive so charging him £195 is hardly fair. He would prefer not to have to go to court if possible.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As we major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there but please note that a Hotmail address won't work - try using a throwaway Gmail account instead if you do have trouble registering, and post a new thread; here's your link:

Read the sticky 'Read this before you post' as well as reading through some of the other threads there ahead of posting your own details, to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate), as they need to see all the small print.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure