Competition Tickets Rights - cancellations

Options
Hi guys. 
I recently entered a Sky VIP competition and won 2 tickets for Goodwood Festival of Speed for Saturday 15 July. The tickets were £100 each if purchased. However due to high winds the Saturday event was cancelled on H&S grounds which was disappointing. 
My issue is am I entitled to tickets for next year or a face value refund given this is effectively a prize. Goodwood can’t help as Sky purchased the tickets and they refunded Sky. I wrote to Sky who will not offer an alternative offer and refused to accept responsibility. I feel this is unfair as I won a prize with a cash value and Sky are not willing offer anything as the event was cancelled. Does anyone have any advice or know of my rights on this matter to challenge Sky? Many thanks 

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi guys. 
    I recently entered a Sky VIP competition and won 2 tickets for Goodwood Festival of Speed for Saturday 15 July. The tickets were £100 each if purchased. However due to high winds the Saturday event was cancelled on H&S grounds which was disappointing. 
    My issue is am I entitled to tickets for next year or a face value refund given this is effectively a prize. Goodwood can’t help as Sky purchased the tickets and they refunded Sky. I wrote to Sky who will not offer an alternative offer and refused to accept responsibility. I feel this is unfair as I won a prize with a cash value and Sky are not willing offer anything as the event was cancelled. Does anyone have any advice or know of my rights on this matter to challenge Sky? Many thanks 
    You need to check the terms and conditions of the competition, but from a legal perspective you are not entitled to anything. 
  • Peanut_Brittle
    Options
    Hi.
    I did and they state:
    No. 29. If an event is cancelled, changed, postponed or relocated, we may allocate tickets to the next similar event in the nearest venue. We will not give any form of compensation, financial or otherwise
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi.
    I did and they state:
    No. 29. If an event is cancelled, changed, postponed or relocated, we may allocate tickets to the next similar event in the nearest venue. We will not give any form of compensation, financial or otherwise
    I wish you luck with getting this sorted, but unfortunately the ts and cs may have got them out of this one
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback