Plum problems

Options
Been happily using Plum for auto saving for several years. Save over £5k with no issues. 

I recently (22nd June) moved some money from one Plum account to another to then move to my current account. The money left plum account B and is showing in plum account A but has not cleared. I've contacted Plum 3 times now and each time I get "we'll get back to you soon". But it's been almost a month. I just want my money. Any suggestions where I can go next? 

Comments

• ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Rambosmum said:
    Been happily using Plum for auto saving for several years. Save over £5k with no issues. 

I recently (22nd June) moved some money from one Plum account to another to then move to my current account. The money left plum account B and is showing in plum account A but has not cleared. I've contacted Plum 3 times now and each time I get "we'll get back to you soon". But it's been almost a month. I just want my money. Any suggestions where I can go next? 
    Sorry to hear this. Raise a formal complaint - https://withplum.com/legal/complaints.html
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can anybody advise please - can the Plum app be on 2 different devices at the same time ?
    My iPhone and iPad to be specific.
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody advise please - can the Plum app be on 2 different devices at the same time ?
    My iPhone and iPad to be specific.
    Works for me on both the specific devices at the same time
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks, that answers the question I could not find on their FAQs.
  • VTechnician
    VTechnician Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is anyone with Plum app experience able to explain the following:
    09 Apr I deposit 10K from my connected nominee account to a newly opened Plum ISA using connected banking services. This is my first ISA subscription of the new Tax Yr.
    My Plum app records the transaction and balance correctly, showing £10k in the totalizer and in the ISA.
    The following day my Plum app balance totalizer and my ISA both show £0.00. My ISA interest rate is also 0%. However, my £10k cash deposit transaction is still correctly recorded.
    There are no indications or messages that the transaction is pending or otherwise stalled.
    I have captured screenshots and issued a query via my Plum app messaging service. 
    Immediately followed by a warning from Plum that their messaging dept is currently under heavy burden to respond.
    Nothing after hours of waiting.
    Rather worrying!
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Options
    I've opened and funded (£500) a cash ISA today, not from my connected external account but from a "Savings Pocket". Will add further funds later via Open Banking. 

I've taken note of your experience and will be checking all OK tomorrow.
  • VTechnician
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've opened and funded (£500) a cash ISA today, not from my connected external account but from a "Savings Pocket". Will add further funds later via Open Banking. 

I've taken note of your experience and will be checking all OK tomorrow.
    Today My balance returned to its expected level with no obvious explanation as to why it disappeared yesterday.
    Plumb has failed to respond to my initial query so far.
    I now  find that the interest rate does not match that which they were promoting when applying.
    The interest breakdown is awfully confusing / misleading and at best unclear and ambiguous. 

Complaint no 2 of 2 has been submitted, but I wont hold my breath. I have 12 days of cooling-off period in which to flee this oufit if nothing is explained or apologised for.

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Options
    Just checking my account - all looks OK. Balance correct, Interest rate shows 5.17 AER. 

Shows £0.07 earnings from overnight deposit which my back of fag packet agrees with.
  • VTechnician
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems that Plum may now have resolved what they called 'intermittent fault'. However, no published explanation or apology. Simply a belated 1-line reply to my complaint 1 of 2
  • akcr
    akcr Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I went through the Plum setup in order to open an ISA since they were at the top of the table on MSE.  They would not allow me to open it because they don't allow dual citizens so I stopped there.  I was shocked about a week later to see a direct debit from my current account.  I went back to the Plum app and it appears they had set up an automatic transfer of funds.  It wasn't much but I then went through all the options to make sure this doesn't happen again and then tried to close my account.  The app would not let me because I had to withdraw the small amount first.  I tried but it wasn't "cleared" and I was told it would take 4 more days.  What are they doing with the money in that time?  Anyway, I managed to cancel the direct debit which cleared my balance on Plum so I could close it. 

I am not happy with how it went ahead without my understanding and I'm worried that they now hold very sensitive data.  I have asked them to confirm that they will not be holding data about me or my account, but I do not know if they will reply.

I think if Plum is going to be on an MSE cash ISA chart, there should be some explanation as to what you have to agree to before getting to the ISA option.  Its link to my bank account was far more than a standard linked account setup.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback