Fisher Investments UK - opinions?

Options
Does anybody have any comments, experiences, reviews, thoughts, or advice and opinions, regarding the company Fisher Investments UK based in Canary Wharf London? I would be very grateful for any information.

Comments

• JohnWinder
    JohnWinder Posts: 1,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone with an interest in some business planting a 'have a look at this business' post to a discussion forum.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone with an interest in some business planting a 'have a look at this business' post to a discussion forum.
    On the other hand, Fisher Investments are not exactly unknown, especially as their adverts pop up very regularly on many different websites.
  • UncleK
    UncleK Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Expensive and as people have said, limited to their funds. And once you have contacted them, they won't leave you alone. If you insist on dealing with them, use contact details that you can easily get rid of later on.
  • seafarer
    Options
    I can assure you, I am not planting this for any marketing reason or hidden agenda. I am asking a genuine question, because Fisher Investments UK have been frequently calling me with assertive selling techniques.
  • seafarer
    Options
    seafarer said:
    Does anybody have any comments, experiences, reviews, thoughts, or advice and opinions, regarding the company Fisher Investments UK based in Canary Wharf London? I would be very grateful for any information.
    Thank you to everybody who replied and provided their thoughts. This has been helpful in assisting me to decide that I will not be engaging with Fisher Investments UK and I will continue to manage my own portfolio.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    seafarer said:
    I can assure you, I am not planting this for any marketing reason or hidden agenda. I am asking a genuine question, because Fisher Investments UK have been frequently calling me with assertive selling techniques.
    Most regulated financial services companies do not cold call.   Indeed, there is currently consideration to banning it.   It is already banned for pensions.

Any firm giving you sales pressure should be a red flag.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • matstand
    matstand Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi 

I dont have any experience in investing, and frankly I dont think that I want to get involved in picking stocks. but i do want to optimise my pension. 

I have spent some time with Fisher investments and they sound credible. They can demonstrate clearly that had I put my pension funds with them over the last decade, that after fees I would have acheived much better returns than the 6.1% that i actually realised from my tracker funds. 

My funds are currently invested in a variety of trackers,  If not fisher, then what sort of organsation should i go to find someone to safely manage my pension funds and acheive a better than my standard pension growth rate?

my pension funds are currently around £400k and i want them to grow considerably over the next 8 years. If that makes any difference

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback