Gutters cleaning and window cleaning

Options
Paid somebody who knocked on the door to clean gutters and windows for a competitive price of £130, 2 semi. He did ask £50 for gutters only and if doing it with neighbour will be cheaper .When he left noticed he only cleaned the outside of the gutters, no way of knowing whether he did clean the gutters when challenged where are the debris said in his bucket un van and offered to show me. I said no I trusted him. My neighbours pointed that the windows were not cleaned in her side. On checking Mine they have not been done as well. So we have paid £150 for him to just wipe the dirt outside the gutters. How does cleaning gutters cost? I am gutted and upset having been scammed like that.Usually do jot give job to people knocking on the door. I thought there are genuine people needing work. In future should only go with recommendations.

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just accept it as an expensive lesson to stick to your previous habit of not giving jobs to people who cold call you/door knock.
  • harooon786
    Options
    How does cleaning gutters cost?
    On average, the cost of gutter cleaning for a standard single-story home can range from $75 to $200. For larger homes, multi-story buildings, or homes with more complex rooflines, the cost may be higher, potentially reaching up to $300 or m
  • anonymousbudy
    Options
    Cleaning your gutters costs money, and the price can change based on things like how big your house is, how high the gutters are, and how dirty they are. On average, it might be around $100 to $300. If your gutters are very clogged or your house is huge, it could cost more. It's important to clean them because if they get too full, they can make your house get wet inside, which is bad. So, it's a good idea to pay a bit for cleaning them to prevent bigger and costlier problems later.
  • mubeen_ahmad12
    Options
    ahfat41 said:
    Paid somebody who knocked on the door to clean gutters and windows for a competitive price of £130, 2 semi. He did ask £50 for gutters only and if doing it with neighbour will be cheaper .When he left noticed he only cleaned the outside of the gutters, no way of knowing whether he did clean the gutters when challenged where are the debris said in his bucket un van and offered to show me. I said no I trusted him. My neighbours pointed that the windows were not cleaned in her side. On checking Mine they have not been done as well. So we have paid £150 for him to just wipe the dirt outside the gutters. How does cleaning gutters cost? I am gutted and upset having been scammed like that.Usually do jot give job to people knocking on the door. I thought there are genuine people needing work. In future should only go with recommendations.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with the gutter and window cleaning service. It's unfortunate that you had to deal with a scam. Going forward, relying on recommendations from trusted sources or doing some research before hiring someone can be a safer choice to avoid such situations. It's always wise to be cautious when hiring services from door-to-door salespeople.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is it Bots Day Out? 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    don't use folks knocking on your door, if you have a regular window cleaner in your street would maybe cost you £20, because he'll be back in street in a couple of weeks, door knocker you'll never see again.
  • mr_anonym0us
    Options
    Do gutter cleaning service providers usually charge a flat fee, or is it more common for them to offer a price range based on the specific needs of the property?
  • kaalikuri
    Options
    Do gutter cleaning service providers usually charge a flat fee, or is it more common for them to offer a price range based on the specific needs of the property?
    Gutter cleaning service providers often offer pricing structures that can vary based on several factors, including the specific needs of the property. While some providers may offer a flat fee for standard gutter cleaning services, many consider various variables when determining the cost. These variables may include the size of the property, the linear footage of gutters, the complexity of the gutter system, the level of debris buildup, and the height and accessibility of the gutters.
  • Cookieno1
    Options
    It’s really hard to find people with good morals, but we are out there !     
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How does cleaning gutters cost?
    On average, the cost of gutter cleaning for a standard single-story home can range from $75 to $200. For larger homes, multi-story buildings, or homes with more complex rooflines, the cost may be higher, potentially reaching up to $300 or m
    We use Sterling, pounds, £.
    Are you reading this in the US ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport