Power of Attorney & Debt
I’ve approximately £30K of unsecured debt (four credit cards and two loans). No missed payments yet but I’m starting to struggle big time. I’ve ruled out a consolidation loan, as I don’t want to increase the debt further. I’m seriously considering defaulting and setting up a DMP with StepChange.
One of my loans is with the Natwest (£6000 remaining). I have power of attorney over my mother’s affairs (she has dementia). Her current account is also with the Natwest and I use it to buy her shopping, etc. What I want to know is, if I default can this in anyway affect my ability to access her account / debit card? Should I instead try to continue to pay this loan by itself and exclude it from any DMP?
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards