Octopus credit disappeared

System
System Community Admin Posts: 178,003
10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Community Admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quick question about Octopus Outgoing billing.

Comments

• LB7
    LB7 Forumite Posts: 1
    First Post
    In March 2023 I received an energy statement from Octopus Energy, stating that my account was in credit of £503.00. I requested a refund of £400 which was approved and I received the refund in to my bank. 

Then in April 2023, after they took a meter reading, although I am on a smart meter, they claimed my account was in debit of £570.90. 

My usage had not changed and I live on my own in a small 2 bed terraced house, I work 2 days at home. 

The large credit has now completely disappeared from my account and Octopus cannot explain what has happened. 

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Forumite Posts: 2,316
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thats strange it sounds like a glitch

I was in credit with Octopus by the tune of £373 and asked for a refund of £267 last month. 

That was approved and paid, my credit was then £106
  • QrizB
    QrizB Forumite Posts: 11,490
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Welcome to the forum.
    LB7 said:
    In March 2023 I received an energy statement from Octopus Energy, stating that my account was in credit of £503.00. I requested a refund of £400 which was approved and I received the refund in to my bank.
    All good so far.
    LB7 said:
    Then in April 2023, after they took a meter reading, although I am on a smart meter, they claimed my account was in debit of £570.90.
    Octopus will have issued you with a bill following the April meter reading. What did that bill say? Did the energy use recorded on the bill work out as that large debit?
    LB7 said:
    My usage had not changed and I live on my own in a small 2 bed terraced house, I work 2 days at home.
    How much energy have you used in the last year? Check your bills formeter readings 12 months apart.
    LB7 said:
    The large credit has now completely disappeared from my account and Octopus cannot explain what has happened.
    Your bills should explain everything. What exactly do they say?

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback