Puppy sick or in season?

Options
3 and a half weeks ago out of nowhere one night about 9pm she started getting very cranky and started jumping on top of my sofas, I don't mean the seats but the actual top of them then barking then she started mouthing my arm and so I took her out and she was overexcited and did nothing took her in and she did a huge poop and she normally only has 1 or 2 accidents a month on average now

The day after she was cranky but not as bad as night before and the day after took her to dogsitter and when I picked her up she was fine until I got her home and she refused her food, she is a dog whom normally can't get enough food and will eat anything and steals whenever she can too, I had to slowly hand feed her and about 30 minutes later she threw it all up, the next day at dogsitter she was throwing up some more and I was keeping an eye on her that evening ready to take her to vet but she managed to eat and keep it down though did a huge poop in middle of night and the following 2 nights.

Since then she has seemed blocked up every day apart from a few days last week when she also was very calm, all other times she has been restless, and after a while barks or whinges, she also up until last week (and twice this week) was licking her bits a lot, was pulling all cushions off chairs and spreading them around room and spreading her toys around room, she also goes through phases of drinking a lot especially in evening, though doesn't pant, but she does pant on a quick 5 minute walk as if she has walked a lot (but still full of energy) she also is overexcited on walks to point she will try and bite lead out of my hand even do a running jump to it and not let go and if I try and get it off her she barks or tries running into me.

The only consistent thing is the 5 days last week when she was calm were days when she was pooping fine, as of Monday she has been blocked up again and cranky and often barking or trying to chew my arm.

Oh and the signs of being in or just out of season was her licking bits a lot and when I took her to dogsitter last week all the male dogs there, neutered luckily the second she arrived came up to her and were sniffing her sides.

I did think she was in season and then thought that confirms it and her calming down was her now getting out of season and she had no swelling down there that meant it was ending but with her being cranky again last 2 days not so sure now will keep an eye on it for next day and if shes still like this on Friday morning I will call vet.

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    3 and a half weeks ago out of nowhere one night about 9pm she started getting very cranky and started jumping on top of my sofas, I don't mean the seats but the actual top of them then barking then she started mouthing my arm and so I took her out and she was overexcited and did nothing took her in and she did a huge poop and she normally only has 1 or 2 accidents a month on average now

The day after she was cranky but not as bad as night before and the day after took her to dogsitter and when I picked her up she was fine until I got her home and she refused her food, she is a dog whom normally can't get enough food and will eat anything and steals whenever she can too, I had to slowly hand feed her and about 30 minutes later she threw it all up, the next day at dogsitter she was throwing up some more and I was keeping an eye on her that evening ready to take her to vet but she managed to eat and keep it down though did a huge poop in middle of night and the following 2 nights.

Since then she has seemed blocked up every day apart from a few days last week when she also was very calm, all other times she has been restless, and after a while barks or whinges, she also up until last week (and twice this week) was licking her bits a lot, was pulling all cushions off chairs and spreading them around room and spreading her toys around room, she also goes through phases of drinking a lot especially in evening, though doesn't pant, but she does pant on a quick 5 minute walk as if she has walked a lot (but still full of energy) she also is overexcited on walks to point she will try and bite lead out of my hand even do a running jump to it and not let go and if I try and get it off her she barks or tries running into me.

The only consistent thing is the 5 days last week when she was calm were days when she was pooping fine, as of Monday she has been blocked up again and cranky and often barking or trying to chew my arm.

Oh and the signs of being in or just out of season was her licking bits a lot and when I took her to dogsitter last week all the male dogs there, neutered luckily the second she arrived came up to her and were sniffing her sides.

I did think she was in season and then thought that confirms it and her calming down was her now getting out of season and she had no swelling down there that meant it was ending but with her being cranky again last 2 days not so sure now will keep an eye on it for next day and if shes still like this on Friday morning I will call vet.
     Reads like shes sick rather than in season to me, let a vet check her over. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback