I’ve just received a letter from MBNA my credit card company to say my account will be closed in 2 months time with no explanation as to why. After ringing them they said they didn’t know why but the account will definitely be closed. They also said I couldn’t make a complaint as ‘no banking error’ had been made.
I haven’t used this card for a while although initially used it a lot and have always made repayments on time. Can I do anything about this or complain to an ombudsman & will it affect applying elsewhere for future credit? Thanks.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards