Myself and my partner will be making a mortgage application for a house within the next 12-24 months. My partner already has a mortgage (for our flat) but I do not.
Our budget is about 350k, approximately 115k will be from our deposit. My problem is my credit score isn’t great because I haven’t really used any credit. I recently opened a credit building credit card which I spend a few hundred on each month (it has a £1500 limit) and pay it in full via direct debit.
Please could I have some advice on what else I can do to quickly build up my score.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards