Query on Nursery Fees

Options
Hi, my Granddaughter is starting school nursery on her 4th birthday on 19th September, so her free 30 hours are being taken by them from the start of school term time, about 2 weeks before her birthday. 
However, she will be attending the nursery she is at at the moment for the 2 weeks up until her birthday. But my son has been told that they will have to pay for each day that she attends her current nursery. Surely that's not right? 

Comments

• HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, my Granddaughter is starting school nursery on her 4th birthday on 19th September, so her free 30 hours are being taken by them from the start of school term time, about 2 weeks before her birthday. 
    However, she will be attending the nursery she is at at the moment for the 2 weeks up until her birthday. But my son has been told that they will have to pay for each day that she attends her current nursery. Surely that's not right? 
    Seems odd as you can split your free hours across providers
  • Adamhoward20
    Options
    You can split the hours between multiple establishments. What your son has been told doesn’t sound right. I would send an email advising that she will not have used x hours for the week commencing xx September and ask them use them from her allowance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback