Energy Price Cap comes down - but standing charge goes up!!
Just had a check of my new tariff after the reduction in the energy price cap. I used to pay 33.106 per KWh with a standing charge of 58.87p. Its now 31.096 per KWh and a standing charge of 61.81p. So my monthly bill (worked out on my average usage) will go down by about £2 per month. However, these high standing charges really penalise low energy users over high energy users and I thought the whole idea was for us all to reduce our usage. This is hardly an incentive to do so. It would surely be fairer (and more of an incentive to reduce usage) to have a lower standing charge for low energy users and a higher one for high energy users?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 243.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards