NOW LIVE: The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. The theme is ENERGY. Please post your questions on bills, switches, alternative fuels etc. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer as many as possible

Possible costs of transferring old DC pension to SIPP?

Kaizen917
Kaizen917 Forumite Posts: 56
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
I have a fairly small pot left in Legal and General by my former employer which hasnt been terrible but I feel that its better if I try to consolidate funds in my Vanguard SIPP.

However, when exploring the topic online, the general guidelines suggest to check for any significant costs/penalties for transferring out. I tried looking through the documentation on the L&G site but nothing came up on the process. Could it be that this is because there isnt any such barrier to transfers or is it still worth contacting them to clarify?

Its a rather simple DC fund and maybe those are fairly straight forward to transfer without such issues (unlike the DB funds that stand more to lose). I dont know, for instance, if I would be warned about any such costs prior the transfer or only find out after it has taken place. Has any of you had to deal with this in the past?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure