UK Holiday Let - Paid Price only to be told it is incorrect and its more?

Options
Hoping someone can advise on what rights we have for a UK holiday let booked for and paid in full?

We booked a holiday let via a well known 3rd party holiday lets website (lets call them HL.com). The site states that the owner has 24hrs to confirm booking. HL.com has now taken payment in full. Owner has come back saying the 3rd party site's price is incorrect and its a small nominal £50 extra. HL.com have since come back advising its £250 extra. 

If we paid at an advertised price - isnt that the price? or can they just say sorry price is actually more?...and send me another bill to pay the extra?

It seems ludicrous that lets can be advertised at a price..u book at that price. then you are told actually its more, sorry about that? 

Can anyone advise on what rights we have if any?

I can cancel the HL booking & go direct and pay the extra £50 to secure the booking again? or walk away?

Any help appreciated as we need to decide

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,870 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to ask the forum people to move this over to the Consumer Rights board as that gets much more traffic that this one. 

I suspect your only rights would be to get a refund of the price you've paid and walk away - I don't believe you can legally insist that they honour the price quoted, although you could report them to Trading Standards if you think they are making a habit of it. 

Unfortunately many holiday let owners tend to advertise on multiple different sites and the prices aren't always the same on each..... 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback