Timing of Universal Credit and new-style JSA sanctions.
I left my job without a new one lined up. My understanding is under either UC or JSA that incurs a 91-day "sanction", but I can't find out how the time is calculated.
Is the start date based on something to do with my last job (for example day after my last day at work)? In which case I don't need to worry about claiming, and going to the Jobcentre and all that, right now.
Or will they try to start the sanction period when I claim, meaning that if I left claiming until September I would lose out?
I'm lucky enough to have savings to cover my expenses for a while, and no housing costs, but I still don't want to make a costly mistake.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 243.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards