£1500 Hugo Boss Suit (Paid for Adjustments) few days later price dropped by £800

Options
Bought a Hugo Boss Suit for £1500 (my wedding), paid for adjustments, and due to pick up Sunday, but just seen they have dropped the price by £800 online.

I paid for on my credit card. Do i have any rights with regards to getting a refund for dropping my £800 in just a few days? 

Comments

• GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you asked the store?
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You have no RIGHTS at all, you may get some goodwill if you ask nicely.

If the price had increased since your purchase would you be happy to pay more ?
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 June 2023 at 2:50PM
    Options
    Not now it's been altered to your specifications. Did you buy online or in store (note your "pick it up" comment)?

Ultimately you can ask, esp if they maybe haven't yet done the alterations, but be prepared for the worst.

Dont understand people paying £1,500 for a branded suit when most of that is going into marketing and cost of sale whereas for the same money you can get a bespoke suit from much better materials and fit to your exact design and size
  • tightauldgit
    tightauldgit Posts: 2,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Normally the fall back would be to return it and buy again but since you've had adjustments made that's not an option. 

I think in this case you're looking for a goodwill gesture from the shop to offer you something. 
  • screech_78
    screech_78 Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    No, you don’t. 
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    Options
    Try it on when you collect it on Sunday.

Will you feel great on your wedding day? If so, that's the main thing, that's what matters.

If you're not happy with the alterations, that's when the negotiations start
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback