Carpenters law issues

Options
Dear all, 

I hope I am posting this in the right section, apologies if not. 

I am a customer of Aviva car insurance. Last November I was involved in a not at fault accident (someone smashed in the back of my car). The car was written off and Aviva referred me, without my asking for it, to their partner carpenters law. They dealt with the matter, requested a medico legal report and organised some sessions of physio therapy. Eventually the other party accepted full liability and issued a compensation of just over 1000 pounds.  Since then I have not heard from carpenters. I tried to email endless times the file handler, tried to call but lines are either permanently engaged or just disconnected, I sent messages on their platform and through their complaint email. All without success, not even an acknowledgement.  

The question is how I can force carpenters to release my compensation. 

Thanks for all the help
you can provide. It had never happened to me that a regulated law firm acted in such way. 

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,367 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd forget about them and talk to Aviva as that's who you are insured by.  Carpenters has a contract with them not with you.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brie said:
    I'd forget about them and talk to Aviva as that's who you are insured by.  Carpenters has a contract with them not with you.
    I very much doubt this. I suspect Aviva get a fee from Carpenters for introducing clients, and m17936 will have a completely separate contract with Carpenters. 

m17936, if it's money owed to you, you could just send a letter before action through the post and then take them to small claims court. Alternatively there's a Solicitors Regulation Authority, maybe a complaint to them would work (hopefully someone else knows more about the SRA and can advise on that)
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brie said:
    Alternatively there's a Solicitors Regulation Authority, maybe a complaint to them would work (hopefully someone else knows more about the SRA and can advise on that)
    You have to go through the firm's own complaints process first before the SRA will look at it
  • m17936
    m17936 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. I tried the complaint system and sent messages. It wasn’t even acknowledged. There is simply no communication back from them. Their website is not very clear about how to complaint. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Similar complaints on  Trustpilot.

One person acieved succes by using twitter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback