£6k debt disappeared from Credit Report? - confused

Options
tgroom57
tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 18 June 2023 at 1:41PM in Debt-free wannabe
Apologies if this is in wrong place. 
I've have/had a longstanding debt of £6k odd to which I've been paying a token amount - monthly - the last 10 years, by voluntary agreement.
I've just checked my Credit Report, expecting to see this debt listed, but I cannot see it under any of the tabs.

I thought it stayed on the Credit Report while the company were still collecting money from it?
Do I still owe them this?
Their offer of putting a 'partially satisfied' note on my Report - if I were to pay it off - seems counterproductive.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,917 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 June 2023 at 2:19PM
    Options
    Did the debt ever default, if so when ?

Defaulted accounts only show for 6 years regardless of their payment status.

Other reasons could be the debt has been sold, there has been a recent dispute and the CRA has temporarily hidden the data, or the creditor has just decided to stop reporting on the debt and remove all the data, rare, but it happens, or there is some kind of glitch that will right itself.

If its just been removed due to expiration of the 6 years, then yes, the debt is still owed, but no further credit reporting will take place, this does not stop any legal action from being taken for non payment though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback