Agency not honouring paid holiday (Flight Centre)
- Holiday (Flights and hotels) arranged, quoted by their agent and confirmed in person
- They then sent a payment link, against which I made full payment
- They then sent a Receipt
- They then sent a itinerary that said each element was "confirmed".
- I speak with the agent and she confirms everything is booked
- A few hours later I get a phone call saying the flight prices have increased, so they are not willing to honour the original booking
- They only offer to change to different to a date to ones where the flights price matched the original, rather than what worked for
- As the agent was going on holiday tomorrow and did not want this in limbo, and we did not agree to the alternative date they offered, she "started the cancellation process"
They confirmed to me in email that there are seats available on our confirmed flights. Therefore, I would like this forum's view if the price variation is now a matter for Flight Centre to handle, as it was for me to handle the pre the invoice and payment?
It appears that Flight Centre are unwilling to fulfil our contract, rather than unable to, which I wonder means I have some rights?
The agent thinks they are not in breach of contract, as this happened within the day of booking.
This might be slightly urgent as I am still needing to book this trip - so if I should be forcing the issue with Flight Centre please let me know.
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.5K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 243.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards