🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Boots Advantage Card

Options
Langleygirl112
Langleygirl112 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post
edited 13 June 2023 at 8:05AM in Consumer rights
In May Boots removed my Advantage card. I had accrued £128 + on the old scheme before the company changed over the point system. I received a letter saying that I had breached the rules and all my points are lost as well as the card. They have not told me which rules have been transgressed. I have read the \terms and Conditions and am unaware of which rules I have broken. Is this a scam so they can take away my points? I have spend thousands of pounds at Boots. I feel that although they are within their rights, surely they should tell me which terms have been breached?

Comments

• Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You must use your card at least once every twelve months is one issue that springs to mind. I think they send you an email if you are close to that date, though you say they sent you a letter regarding the closure of your card so did you have a current email address linked to it? 
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Langleygirl112 said:

I feel that although they are within their rights, surely they should tell me which terms have been breached?
    Have you asked them?
  • Langleygirl112
    Options
    I used my card a lot. I used the Scan2 recycle scheme and was part of the Over 60s club. I have asked them what terms have been breached and they won't tell me. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure