'Warm Home Discount' not applied to e-on account

samsarwar
samsarwar Forumite Posts: 3
First Post
Hi,

I surfed Google thoroughly before posting this question on MSE.

I'm on UC and got a letter that I qualify for 'Warm Home Discount' but I need to apply by 28th of Feb. I did call their helpline in beginning of Feb and was told, it has been sorted and £150 will be applied to my e-on(energy supplier) account. It never happened.

I was constantly calling to both 'Warm Home Discount' helpline and e-on but to no avail. Now 'Warm Home Discount' helpline is closed and e-on is saying they never get any credit to apply to my account (more precisely they told me today that credit is automatically applied and nothing to do with e-on).

Can someone guide me on what to do next?

Comments

• LurkingAgain
    LurkingAgain Forumite Posts: 11
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, I'm in the same boat. Had my conformation letter from the WHD saying that we have qualified. And that the account will be credited by EON NEXT. Nearly the middle of June and nothing.

EON NEXT just say they haven't got anything from WHD so it will be credited in time. I have sent them a copy of my letter.
  • samsarwar
    samsarwar Forumite Posts: 3
    First Post
    Please do let me know if you get any update.
  • michelleduer
    michelleduer Forumite Posts: 6
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I had the warm home discount applied last year and when I looked on the gov.uk website for this years, it said it would be automatically applied if I was in receipt of a qualifying benefit which I was but if I hadn't received a letter by the end of December to contact Eon. I contacted Eon in the january but thdy said I'd missed the deadline for this years payment?
    Surely I should receive it if I'm entitled, why did the gov website say not to do anything, I've missed out because of their bad advice? 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Forumite Posts: 6,759
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi, I had the warm home discount applied last year and when I looked on the gov.uk website for this years, it said it would be automatically applied if I was in receipt of a qualifying benefit which I was but if I hadn't received a letter by the end of December to contact Eon. I contacted Eon in the january but thdy said I'd missed the deadline for this years payment?
    Surely I should receive it if I'm entitled, why did the gov website say not to do anything, I've missed out because of their bad advice? 
    Are you a pensioner?  If not, as well as claiming a qualifying benefit, you had to be living in a property that is hypothetically a 'high energy cost' dwelling according to the government's calculations.  The factors they used for that calculation are age, size, and type.

Do you know those pieces of information for your property where you lived last summer?  If so I could have a look for you in the spreadsheet they published (I'll have to do a bit of digging to find it which is only worth doing if you know the information about your home). 

Worth knowing though for whether you should be receiving it this year or not, the qualifying date will have been sometime in August.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback