IVA help!

Options
Hi, I need some advice please 🙏 I'm around half way through my current IVA and have a problem. Firstly I'm completely up to date with all my payments and haven't missed any at all. As part of my IVA they have requested recent payslips and p60s which I sent over . Since 2020 my income has increased but not by much. So they get back to me and say that I have earned too much and now I owe £1600 in arrears and also want to increase my monthly payment which I cannot afford to. What do I do? Has anyone experienced this before? Any information would be great 👍
Thanks
Tony 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,955 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has your expenditure increased at the same time ?

I`m guessing it has, don`t just accept what they say, if your not happy, ask for a written explanation of why you are in arrears, and why your payments need to increase.

Ask what the threshold for the payment increase actually is, considering your pay rise was not that significant.

Re- do your budget, show them what they are asking is unaffordable.

Put it all in writing.

If you remain unhappy, then submit a written complaint.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback