Works pension

Options
Willow_70
Willow_70 Posts: 12 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi, I’ve got a query about my works pension.
In my old job I was off sick for over a year and laid off. They offered me a redundancy package that I took.
my pension is considerably working out way too low compared to my ex co workers. One of my ex work mates pension will be over double per month than mine and she only had 5 years service whilst I had 16 years service.
Is it possible that the company I worked for could’ve took their contributions out my pot.? and could the redundancy I thought I got be out of my pension pot too?

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,696 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Willow_70 said:
    Hi, I’ve got a query about my works pension.
    In my old job I was off sick for over a year and laid off. They offered me a redundancy package that I took.
    my pension is considerably working out way too low compared to my ex co workers. One of my ex work mates pension will be over double per month than mine and she only had 5 years service whilst I had 16 years service.
    Is it possible that the company I worked for could’ve took their contributions out my pot.? and could the redundancy I thought I got be out of my pension pot too?
    This is identical to the question you've posted on the pensions board - better to stick to one thread.

Board guide - please could you kindly merge?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Willow_70
    Willow_70 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry, I posted it on this thread by mistake,
    I’m not the best at this type of thing 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts