Do I wait or change now

KTST Forumite Posts: 2
First Post
I have been on a dual fixed tariff which finishes in July. Do I change to the new tariff which my supplier have offered, works out around £150 pm or should I wait and see what happened a in July with the prices hopefully coming down? 
Any advice would be muchly appreciated please😊


  • CSI_Yorkshire
    CSI_Yorkshire Forumite Posts: 1,792
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ignore prices per month.

    Look at the kWh cost and the standing charge.

    Is there an exit fee that would apply if you change your mind or find something cheaper?
  • KTST
    KTST Forumite Posts: 2
    First Post
    Ok I’ll look into that. 
    There is an exit fee, £75 
    thank you for the advice 
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Forumite Posts: 2,813
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is the exit fee only payable if you switch supplier? If this is the case, you could ask to switch to SVT and THEN switch supplier if needed.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 243.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards