Options
2»

Comments

• Waywardmike
    Waywardmike Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    EricMears said:

Can you actually see your panels from your own property ?  I can only see ours from a point well outside our boundaries (or by standing on a stepladder).

Do you really care if other people lie awake all night worrying about their view of your roof ?
    It's a bungalow, and they're right on the front...  I can see them the moment I walk out the front door...

Every time I look at them it would annoy me that they don't match. :)

here's a google maps photo that shows how obvious they are....

4 Kwp System, South Facing, 35 Degree Pitch, 16 x 250W Solarworld Panels, SMA Sunnyboy 3600 Inverter, Installed 02/09/14 in Sunny South Bedford - £5600
    Growatt AC Coupled SPA3000tl and 6.5kWh battery Installed Apr 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Given the advent of Flux, I've decided to take advantage of the Barclays Green Home Reward and expand upon our 4kW LG Bifacial PV system (roof pictured below). Leaving 100cm for Velux windows at the very North of the roof, it would appear that we may have space for 4-6 additional panels on East & West aspects, making this a theoretical 5.6-6.4 kW system. I expect to retain the SolarEdge 3.68 inverter and remain on G98 for now. I face the following questions:

1) Given LG no longer supply panels, I need to match a similar looking panel for one aspect and move the 2 panels over to the opposite aspect. 
    2) I need to research if the MCS Certificate needs to be updated/ or reissued and/ or DNO notified to highlight that increased generation capability

Any thoughts from the experienced are most welcome! 

I am looking into this as well but I am slightly wary given that Flux is a beta tariff that could be withdrawn at any time. I was on Go Faster and Octopus withdrew this tariff earlier this year. I think that it is also a given that Flux rates will reduce on the 1st July. 
  • Screwdriva
    Screwdriva Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 October 2023 at 9:41PM
    Options
    I am looking into this as well but I am slightly wary given that Flux is a beta tariff that could be withdrawn at any time. I was on Go Faster and Octopus withdrew this tariff earlier this year. I think that it is also a given that Flux rates will reduce on the 1st July. 
    You're right about the risk to the Octopus tariff. That said, maximizing panel coverage when the PV market has experienced a slowdown (for now) is probably prudent. From a renumeration standpoint, as long as the chasm between Solar generation and grid demand exists during the warmer months, I don't see the SEG tariff getting any less lucrative. 

Financially speaking, we had put aside £2K to invest into Ripple Energy but realized that we may get half of that amount back via Barclays if we invested in our own roof instead. 
    -  10 x 400w LG + 6 x 550W SHARP BiFacial Panels + SE 3680 HD Wave Inverter + SE Optimizers. SE London.
    -  Triple aspect. (22% ENE/ 33% SSE/ 45% WSW)
    -  Viessmann 200-W on Advanced Weather Comp. (the most efficient gas boiler sold)

Feel free to DM me if I can help with any energy saving!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback