MSE News: Ticket touts dodge fresh clampdown as Government rejects 'common sense' reforms

Options
MSE_Petar
MSE_Petar Posts: 333 MSE Staff
Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
Concert, theatre, sports and other event goers will not get new protections against "unscrupulous" ticket touts, as the Government has rejected "common sense" recommendations for new measures to clamp down on ticket resellers charging sky-high prices.

Read the full story:
' Ticket touts dodge fresh clampdown as Government rejects 'common sense' reforms'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• PegasusPJ
    PegasusPJ Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 May 2023 at 11:26PM
    Options
    If people did not buy from touts, they would not exist.
    And we would not have events selling out in seconds, driving fans to touts.

I never buy, not sell to them.
    I've had many arguments with touts outside a venue when trying to resale (at face, never made a profit) a spare ticket and being accused of stealing from them! 
    They are rats, and the practice should be banned entirely, with venues forced to take back tickets if you cannot use it.

Many theatres are happy to accept returns at least on sold out show, so why not concerts venues? 

• Cavemonster40612
    Options
    I've used Viagogo a couple of times as tickets there were less than the Ticketmaster prices (Platinum).  What is platinum about the seats I've no idea, apart from the price, which is also way over face value.  I bought Elton John tickets years ago n Ticketmaster and were unable to use them so wa nted to give to a friend; Ticketmaster did not allow transfer, only enabled resale via their site when the concert was sold out so I sat on them, the concert was rescheduled again and I could go.  The whole music industry seems anti-consumer to me, touts are just a visible part of it.  Even my football season ticket is transferable to anyone.
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Petar said:
    Concert, theatre, sports and other event goers will not get new protections against "unscrupulous" ticket touts, as the Government has rejected "common sense" recommendations for new measures to clamp down on ticket resellers charging sky-high prices.

Read the full story:
    ' Ticket touts dodge fresh clampdown as Government rejects 'common sense' reforms'

We need to continue to tell Government they were wrong to reject these reforms. Sign and share this petition...

Make the resale of event tickets for more than face value illegal

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/640450

Closes 11th Jan 2024.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family