We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tracking query

Options
sec79
sec79 Posts: 345 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I purchase royal mail postage labels for parcels via the ebay orders page. A buyer has contacted me to say their order hasn't arrived but tracking says it was delivered yesterday. It was sent normal second class post. If the item doesn't turn up in order to make a claim with royal mail do you need an actual proof of postage receipt please, if you have purchased postage the way I have?

Comments

• turnitround
    turnitround Posts: 715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you told the buyer that tracking shows it was delivered. You need to also confirm with the buyer that the address supplied is correct. 
  • GrubbyGirl_2
    GrubbyGirl_2 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you actually put the tracking number into the RM site?  That way you should be able to see the proof of delivery.
  • sec79
    sec79 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you actually put the tracking number into the RM site?  That way you should be able to see the proof of delivery.
    Hi yes I have and it said the parcel has been delivered but no proof of delivery as I selected 2nd class parcel option, not the signed for option
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,648 Forumite
    Options
    sec79 said:
    Hi yes I have and it said the parcel has been delivered but no proof of delivery as I selected 2nd class parcel option, not the signed for option
    That is proof of delivery, as far as eBay are concerned.  The only comeback the buyer could possibly have is if it was delivered by the wrong delivery office for their address.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,416 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above you don’t need signed for, you will win any INR claim with your proof of delivery. Protect your account first , if buyer opens an INR re add your delivery number to the dispute and add a note that item shows as delivery, then assist the buyer . 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,648 Forumite
    Options
    Just on the proof of postage - if you've had them collected, rather than taking then to the Post Office, the confirmation e-mail from collection counts as POP.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback