Options
    How do I make CCA requests please?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,000 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PM22 said:
    How do I make CCA requests please?
    Debt camel is a great site run by a solicitor, it covers virtually all debt topics you can think of.

This link cover`s CCA requests, or to give it its technical name, a "request for information under section 78/79 of the consumer credit act"

Have a good read -

Debts - why, how & when to ask for the CCA agreement · Debt Camel
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • PM22
    PM22 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Most of my debts have been sold on...I am going to get my printer working this weekend and I am going to send the CCA requests. One large debt has been sold twice. Fingers crossed. I would gladly not pay, as unethical as that is. It's during bipolar mania that I make all these bad financial decisions and there's no support for me then. Sod them.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If they've been sold on, the companies paid pennies in the pound. They are hoping you'll pay over £200 towards a £1000 debt, as they'll make a profit. So don't feel obliged to pay £1000.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PM22 said:
    Is there such a thing as a £20 tin of paint to paint a whole room?!? Certainly the paint I bought for my hallway last month was more like £38 a tin and I bought 3 and my son even paid for one! I didn’t realise there was such a thing!
    We recently paid £30 for a 5litre tin of the brand repped by the big shaggy dog - it's done two walls in each of two rooms already (two coats) and there's still plenty left in the tin. Had we only had one smaller room to do then we certainly wouldn't have needed more that 2.5l. The trick with paint in my experience is to buy a quality brand on special offer, and apply it properly - if you try to be tight with it, or make it stretch, then you'll end up needing extra coats. 

RAS said:
    If they've been sold on, the companies paid pennies in the pound. They are hoping you'll pay over £200 towards a £1000 debt, as they'll make a profit. So don't feel obliged to pay £1000.

This was why I suggested saving the increased income the OP has previously mentioned for F&F's - they had previously mentioned the debts being sold on, I believe. Sold on tdebts are, as we know, great candidates for F&F offers. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sometimes in life you can't just click your fingers and things be like you want them to be. You've stated 42 months is a long time to wait without access to credit... If you go bankrupt it'll likely be a lot longer you'll have to wait. 
  • PM22
    Options
    You can't just click your fingers, no, but you are allowed to be fed up about it all....that is allowed and it's okay to vent...we're all here to support each other. Supposedly.
  • TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not quite grasping your housing situation. You say you neither own nor rent, but you're wanting to do up your flat?

Also in your previous thread 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6445068/bad-credit-mortgages#latest

you mention you have £100k?

Just wondered what the situation was.
  • PM22
    Options
    long story short, ex husband owns this flat but used my money to buy it and I pay the mortgage. I used to only earn 14k in the NHS so he helped me out but it doesn't cost him anything. Better than being in a rental. Flat is worth 240k and balance outstanding is 70k but it needs doing up a lot....
  • TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PM22 said:
    long story short, ex husband owns this flat but used my money to buy it and I pay the mortgage. I used to only earn 14k in the NHS so he helped me out but it doesn't cost him anything. Better than being in a rental. Flat is worth 240k and balance outstanding is 70k but it needs doing up a lot....
    But how does he own it if it was bought with your money and you pay the mortgage?

Put another way, do you have the right to sell it and buy something nicer with the proceeds?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback