EDMI GS60B locked?

Options
ryan92
ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I have a 'dumb' smart meter for Gas due to the distance from my electricity meter so I need to submit monthly readings.

However, when I've went to check the meter tonight to get a reading, it's showing a 'Locked 10498264 minutes' OSM ; this can't be right as that would mean it was locked for well over 15 years!

Has anyone seen this error code before or what it means (apart from being locked?)
Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027

Comments

• markin
    markin Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How old is it?

When the battery is low it sends a message for replacement to the supplier as when it runs out its meant to shut the supply off, often that fails to happen as it sticks open. And in your case it cant send the message.
  • ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It was installed around 2019
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 May 2023 at 8:18AM
    Options
    markin said:
    How old is it?

When the battery is low it sends a message for replacement to the supplier as when it runs out it’s meant to shut the supply off, often that fails to happen as it sticks open. And in your case it cant send the message.
    If the gas meter cannot connect to the HAN then it is not receiving or sending any messages.

It would seem that when the battery is need of replacement, this type of message appears on the screen:

I suggest that you call your supplier and ask them to fit a dual band comms hub and gas meter. These are now available for suppliers to fit. The gas meter connects to the comms hub via the Home Area Network: the role of the electricity meter is to power the comms hub.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback