How many of your MoneySaving New Year's resolutions have you stuck to?

In December 2022 I asked you for Your MoneySaving New Year's resolution in 3 words

Some great answers included "clear the clutter", "only buy quality", "no more takeaways" and the rather excellent "be more dog".

Now that we're in May 2023 I'd like to know... have you managed to stick to them?

Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I had loads …. 😂

More batch cooking - umm, a bit, could still do more. Exploring new recipe books again atm. 

Control my inventory - okayish, I’m not buying or wasting as many duplicates as I was but I don’t have an effective ’habit’ around this yet. 

Enjoy the now - it’s been a tough start to the year for various reasons so only sporadically. 

Sell my spares - no progress on this at all. 

Grow more food - lots of seedlings coming on! 😊

Do more weeding - I have done more weeding but I need to sustain it now that the main weeding season (warm and wet!) is upon us! 

Plan my patch - kind of, still cogitating. Love the new path we put in at Christmas 😊

Overpay the mortgage - I gave started doing this, paid more this year to date and I did in the whole of last year after laying down my CC debt 🤩

Build my savings - I actually have a respectable EF now! ❤️

Avoid garden shows! Done! And this definitely reduced my spending or led to it being more considered. 

Use the library - lots 😊

Thanks for this revisit, it’s been really useful as it it’s encouraging to see that I am making progress but there are still areas to work on.

KK

As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 12 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £10.90 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • kimwp
    kimwp Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    No injuries, but also not much exercise 😞
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • 2Scratters
    2Scratters Posts: 928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I am certainly hanging onto more money especially from monthly pay and not collecting till early the following month. 
    Being more conscious of checking stock and making a shopping list. Shopping more locally too leads to less temptation. 
    Have a good EF and more observant of making money from savings is paying dividends now.
    Anything is better than nothing-check back and see On the declutter journey 2023 with Mrs SD Tilly Tidy 2023 YTD 14.98
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,159 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Now that 2024 is only a fortnight away, how are we all doing with our 2023 resolutions?
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport