IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine DCBL

Options
Pumpkin1968
Pumpkin1968 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post
I hope that I can get sone much needed advice to help me understand what I need to do next.
I was issued with a PCN last June 2022. I recieved a fine with a photo of my car on.
I parked in Castle Point shopping centre in Bournemouth. I had taken mum to Boots for a hearing test and them we had lunch and did some shopping.
I did not realise that the car park restrictions had changed, I used to work there at Next and we were never restricted to how long we could park there, sometimes I would be parked for 7 hours.
I recieved a £100 parking fine and after doing some research on discussion  forums decided not to pay it. I was under the impression that it could not be enforced and also advised not to respond to any letters as this would be an admission to fine.
Not sure what to do now.
Claim form and response pack pictured.
I would be grateful for any advice 
Many thanks.

[Images removed by Forum Team]

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome. You are dealing with the bottom-dwelling duo of UKPC and DCB Legal. You should use the template by John86, an example of it is shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7vbqttho3q948/2023 defence.pdf?dl=0

This will be easy to defeat and by using the robust defence template you can see the expected discontinuation by having a read of this thread:

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

You should now refer back to the Newbies/FAQ thread, second post, which explains the next steps after filing your AoS. The Defence will be emailed as an attachment.

You must keep referring back to the Newbies/FAQ thread every time you have a question about the process. Also have a read of the Template defence thread, also near the top of the forum. That has a 12 point checklist that you should make a note of and refer to at each stage of the process. A copy of it is shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lexezsjdz7rypct/CC_Checklist.pdf?dl=0

• Pumpkin1968
    Options
    Thank you for your quick response.
    Much appreciated. 

• Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to remove the pictures of your claim form, you are showing both your car registration number and the claim form password. Report your post and ask moderators to remove them for showing personal data.

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With a Claim Issue Date of 20th April, you have until Tuesday 9th May to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 23rd May 2023 to file your Defence.
    That's three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback