🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Incorrectly installed washing machine.

Options
Hi All
My partner has just paid Hughes to install a new Bosch washing machine.  Upon first use when it came to the spin cycle it would wouldn't spin properly and vibrated violently and the clothes were drenched when it finally finished. Hughes had removed the transit bolts but left the sleeves in , how does she stand regarding asking for a new machine, as if it goes wrong under warranty a Bosch engineer may well say, sorry your fault,  sleeves were left in, any help would be gratefully received. 

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All
    My partner has just paid Hughes to install a new Bosch washing machine.  Upon first use when it came to the spin cycle it would wouldn't spin properly and vibrated violently and the clothes were drenched when it finally finished. Hughes had removed the transit bolts but left the sleeves in , how does she stand regarding asking for a new machine, as if it goes wrong under warranty a Bosch engineer may well say, sorry your fault,  sleeves were left in, any help would be gratefully received. 
    Did you buy the machine from Hughes themselves?  If so, ask them to arrange Bosch to inspect it and see if the machine has been damaged.
  • HillStreetBlues
    Options
    Won't have done the belt any good.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Your partner paid Hughes to install the washer and they did it wrong. 

The machine hasn't gone wrong under warranty, it malfunctioned because it wasn't installed properly by Hughes, so they have caused the problem.

Now they need to put it right. No excuses, no problems.

Your partner needs to contact Hughes as soon as possible, preferably by phone - and tell them what happened, so that they can get on with fixing the mess their installation people have made.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 11,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All
    They need to fix the issue of removing the sleeves but it would be up to you to prove that failing to do so before has caused any damage
  • Appliance_engineer
    Options
    Won't have done the belt any good.
    It won't have had any affect on the belt as the belt, tub and pulley are all attached to each other.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure