Magazine subscriptions

Options
My first post, sorry if I don't know the conventions. If you took advantage of a very attractive introductory magazine postal sub (70% or more off) and were annoyed to be kicked off the reduced run-on price, when far better offers were still being offered to new subscribers, you could try this. Let the sub lapse, buy the mag off the shelf for a few weeks, and you might get an email offering you better terms (two thirds off) for a year (card payment up front) or six months (by direct debit). I just did and supposedly saved £166 (their figure) over the next year. Of course I had to buy the magazine at full price for a few weeks, but I really felt that companies shouldn't be rewarding new customers out of higher prices for loyal ones, and I wasn't going to accept it without a struggle. It's what used to be the norm with car insurers, but it's illegal now. I think it's equally unfair in any other consumer area, and the only response consumers generally have is to pay up, but in this case, if one takes the trouble, one may be able to get a better deal. Nice work if you can get it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback