Toby Carvery-be careful misleading voucher.

Options
Poppy9
Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 April 2023 at 7:40PM in Discount codes & vouchers
Toby say every member in group of 6 needs own voucher for £5 meal but I read T&C as valid for up to 6 on same bill.  Thoughts? 

:) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)

Comments

• whitehartal
    Options
    I'd read it your way...THIS CODE (singular) for ONE £5 carvery PER OVER 60S ADULT.

Probably no point arguing it...I had a similar beef with the wording on a KFC promotion a couple of years back...after 30+ years of software development  I know the difference between AND and OR...but KFC promotion designers didn't...!!!

I think it's something we'll all need to get more used to, given the lack of understanding of language nowadays!
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Poppy9 said:
    Toby say every member in group of 6 needs own voucher for £5 meal but I read T&C as valid for up to 6 on same bill.  Thoughts? 

I would agree with you, that the T&C's state that the voucher covers up to six adults aged 60 and above.

Is the issue with a particular Toby's restaurant or with Toby's customer services?
  • Poppy9
    edited 25 April 2023 at 3:40AM
    Options
    Poppy9 said:

I would agree with you, that the T&C's state that the voucher covers up to six adults aged 60 and above.

Is the issue with a particular Toby's restaurant or with Toby's customer services?
    Had issue in restaurant so I contacted Toby via Twitter.  Took a few hours till I had this response which makes no senses as 6 with individual codes could ask for separate bills.  

As the terms state the offer is valid for up to 6 people in the same party but the code entitles you to one standard carvery for £5. Therefore each person would need their own code to claim their £5 carvery, and this would allow up to 6 people to use their own code per bill.   

• Poppy9
    Options
    I've used 50% off carvery voucher before for us as couple no issue.  Now I will ignore future vouchers and not bother as it's not close by but a cheap roast dinner tempts me.  
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fannyann1 said:
    I have now had clarification from the CEO office who confirm one voucher code will give you £5 carvery for up to 6 people ! The branches have now been told. The twitter team were incorrect in their info . I was like  a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it go 
    I knew I was right ! They were very apologetic and sent me a gift voucher! 
    A £5 carvery won’t go far for 6 😏
  • Poppy9
    Options
    fannyann1 said:
    I have now had clarification from the CEO office who confirm one voucher code will give you £5 carvery for up to 6 people ! The branches have now been told. The twitter team were incorrect in their info . I was like  a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it go 
    I'm on the case for my refund now or they can donate a meal to someone in need!  It's the principal.  
  • Poppy9
    Options
    Depends how skilled you are at piling your plate up.  They'd only get a nibble of the toast though.🤣
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Those terms are a bit of a mess anyway. It’s valid for May and a week in April, but specifically can’t be used on Christmas Day which famously falls on 25th May each year… 🤔
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Charlotte_Brown
    Options
    fannyann1 said:
    Good job! :smile: Thanks for persevering - now we all benefit  <3
    Bargain Lover ;)
    Charlotte_Brown
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family