PLEVIN

Options
Can anyone explain the PLEVIN rules for me. Does it apply if you have had a PPI payout? 
There is some very conflicting information and would just like clarification please. 

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    Options
    If your complaint was upheld, Plevin doesn't apply as you've had all your money back 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone explain the PLEVIN rules for me. Does it apply if you have had a PPI payout? 
    No.

There is some very conflicting information and would just like clarification please. 
    There shouldnt be any conflicting information as the plevin rules are defined.   If you are reading sites where it is confusing then that is down to them.

Plevin only applies to rejected complaints as upheld complaints get 100% refund of premiums.    So, there is no more premium to refund.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback