“Serial” DROs

Options
After my DRO is ended with no outstanding issues and it is removed from the register, and assuming I legitimately apply for subsequent credit and not act fraudulently, how soon before I can reapply for another DRO? Is it 6 years from the start or end date of the first? Have people become “Serial” DRO applicants?

:A Goddess :A

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,904 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can apply if you have not had a DRO in the last 6 years, so the end date of any previous arrangement.

Can I ask why you want to know ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wanted to know because I fear things beginning to become “tight” again….and change of circumstances

:A Goddess :A
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,904 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I wanted to know because I fear things beginning to become “tight” again….and change of circumstances

It can happen that way, a sudden release from restrictions can trigger rash spending decisions.

Anything you want to share with us, please feel free to.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Yellowsub2000
    Options
    So someone could do a DRO and write off £30K of debt every six years? Yes this would be serial DROers.

• T33totaller
    Options
    So someone could do a DRO and write off £30K of debt every six years? Yes this would be serial DROers.

Potentially I guess but it would take time to be able to get any decent level of credit again I assume so it may not be that simple. They might also think someone's doing it intentionally and refuse a DRO? They ask if you've had one before not just in the last 6 years .  It's fraud really if they think it's done intentionally and they can say no on ground of fraud.. I'm awaiting a DRO and my plan is to never venture near credit again. Who wants to end up in this mess more than once?!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If the Official Receiver felt it was unreasonable to have a DRO after 6 years they would have set the time limit higher
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback