IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No response to appeal after 35 days

Hello, I’m new here however I received letter on March 6th regarding a ticket from UK-CPM. (wish I knew about this site sooner) although I still appealed on the grounds of barely any visible signage around the site which I have pictures of.. I arrived at night at location around 2am. Revisited the car park for evidence to back my appeal (I can also post pictures) but long story short no signage on entrance etc also from investigating I found out the signs are hidden behind motion sensor lighting so unless you walk in that direction or park there you wouldn’t see them
and where I parked there wasn’t any visible signage.

I haven’t received any response as of now and it’s been over 35 days. This is probably due to my evidence however is it my job to contact them after 35 days if I haven’t received a response from email/Letter as stated on the email response from my appeal?

Any help is appreciated thanks !

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,269
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    When you log into the website does it show as still outstanding, or cancelled?

What happened when you tried PLAN A?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • When you log into the website does it show as still outstanding, or cancelled?

What happened when you tried PLAN A?
    Hello Thanks for the reply
    i just checked balance still outstanding £100.
    its a residents parking area..I’ve found out today which company are the land owners will complain and post an update.

I just wanted to post a few pictures taken on the charge.. also a few I’ve captured for proof to back my claim

picture 1 - the pcn picture of sign and car picture (taken by CPM)

picture 2 - is entrance of car park and wider view of where the car was parked same where the white Mercedes is sign taken in picture 1 in background ( sign in background ) how would you see this when reversed?

Like I said previously no other signs to be seen only hidden under motion sensor lighting which I have pictures of.

so frustrating.
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    @TryingtoScareYou, how are you getting on with Plan A? If UK-CPM hasn't responded to your Plan B appeal, there is a likelihood that they don't like your valid points and will pretend that they sent you a response although you will never get it.

Plan C, an appeal to the IAS, will be futile. Ideally, you will be relying on Plan D, a court claim. This is the best guarantee that you will be rid of these scammers once and for all. Your defence will be robust if you use the template and, as you already know, that signage is beyond useless.

The advice is to read, thoroughly, the Newbies/FAQ thread where you will learn about where you are currently in the process and what will happen and what needs to be done and when. Please use the Newbies/FAQ thread as a reference that you will go back to several times.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,919
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2023 at 11:06AM
    Typical PPC not bothering with their ATA's COP on signage, I would think any judge would agree that is totally inadequate does not conform to the IPC's COP and even the PPC's attendant couldn't get up close enough to photograph the contents of their seemingly lone sign.
    The entrance is totally devoid of any signage to make a contract or warn of any T&Cs being in applicable.
    Yes an appeal to the biased IAS is usually a waste of time but it would be interesting to see how they could wriggle around this evidence, clue the PPC sends office copy images and says they have been audited and that rubbish puts that one to bed!
    I am sure a judge would see through this scam though IPC COP link for research, see page 29-32.

• B789 said:
    @TryingtoScareYou, how are you getting on with Plan A? If UK-CPM hasn't responded to your Plan B appeal, there is a likelihood that they don't like your valid points and will pretend that they sent you a response although you will never get it.

Plan C, an appeal to the IAS, will be futile. Ideally, you will be relying on Plan D, a court claim. This is the best guarantee that you will be rid of these scammers once and for all. Your defence will be robust if you use the template and, as you already know, that signage is beyond useless.

The advice is to read, thoroughly, the Newbies/FAQ thread where you will learn about where you are currently in the process and what will happen and what needs to be done and when. Please use the Newbies/FAQ thread as a reference that you will go back to several times.
    Thank you for the input. Plan A is currently in a back-and-forth situation. Weston Homes were contacted, but they are no longer the landowners. I was instructed to email a company  so they can tell me, but they haven't responded. Do you believe I should simply implement Plan C? Although I’ve  checked my spam and trash email boxes and no reply from CPM.. I believe what you mentioned about them not liking my points is the reason why.

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    TryingtoScareYou said:
    Thank you for the input. Plan A is currently in a back-and-forth situation. Weston Homes were contacted, but they are no longer the landowners. I was instructed to email a company  so they can tell me, but they haven't responded. Do you believe I should simply implement Plan C? Although I’ve  checked my spam and trash email boxes and no reply from CPM.. I believe what you mentioned about them not liking my points is the reason why.
    IAS? Plan C? If you really want to put some effort into a futile appeal, go ahead. However, considering the very low rate of successful appeals to the IAS, you are probably better off just skipping Plan C and waiting for Plan D. Of course, whilst waiting for Plan D, you will probably receive much kindling from debt collectors that you can safely ignore and file away. Only a judge in Plan D can arbiter fairly against the scammers.
  • B789 said:
    TryingtoScareYou said:
    IAS? Plan C? If you really want to put some effort into a futile appeal, go ahead. However, considering the very low rate of successful appeals to the IAS, you are probably better off just skipping Plan C and waiting for Plan D. Of course, whilst waiting for Plan D, you will probably receive much kindling from debt collectors that you can safely ignore and file away. Only a judge in Plan D can arbiter fairly against the scammers.
    I appreciate your response. On the email containing the response to my appeal, it states, "Please contact us if no reply is heard back withinn 35 days." Do you think I should ignore this and or try get their attention? I’d rather wait for Plan D, which is what I intend to do, even though I know that court claims can take years to be filed and I’m thinking there’s no way they will  actually try to file one based on my appeal? Although I'm more than willing to go this path, I'll update here if I receive a court claim.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,138
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    UKCPM are the country's most litigious operator, so expect a court claim at some stage. As you say, that could potentially take some years (they have six to issue proceedings), but they are likely to do so sooner rather than later.

Given they have until March 2029 to make a claim, should you change address at any time up to that point, you must update UKCPM with your new address to avoid a surprise CCJ landing because they have served a claim on the only address known to them (your former one). 

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas said:
    UKCPM are the country's most litigious operator, so expect a court claim at some stage. As you say, that could potentially take some years (they have six to issue proceedings), but they are likely to do so sooner rather than later.

Given they have until March 2029 to make a claim, should you change address at any time up to that point, you must update UKCPM with your new address to avoid a surprise CCJ landing because they have served a claim on the only address known to them (your former one). 

HTH

Hello Update on this I received a LBC last week and I emailed CPM again saying I haven’t even received any reply on my Appeal back in March last year.. they emailed me back saying we did reply back in 2021 LOL When this happened march 2023, I asked for proof of a screenshot my appeal has been responded and to look at my evidence again & they sent cropped screenshot of a rejection nothing is showing my details within that screenshot and said they won’t respond anymore, it’s with debt recovery.

Upon investigating these apartments , I noticed they got new landowners. I got into contact with the property manager and complained. He asked me to CC him into another email to CPM while we was waiting for a response. He asked me to call him to discuss this further he somehow come to the conclusion, even with the evidence I shouldn’t have parked there, and I should’ve checked for more signs & just go to court, there’s nothing he can do and hanged up  

So, after feeling like plan A failed, I thought I might as well wait for court claim which I was dreading because it could potentially take up until 2029 when I knew this could be sorted before that so I decided to wait. 

I woke up this morning to find the picture attached below I must admit I’m very shocked lol I’m not sure if abit of Plan A also with them messing up dates helped I guess not too sure either way I’m happy with the outcome Thank you all 3

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,269
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 January at 1:52AM
    Congrats @TryingtoScareYou

Looks like your appeal worked and they decided their photo evidence wasn't good enough.

Doesn't sound like the landowner stepped in but you never know.  You could forward that to him and thank him for his help(!) and put it back in his head that this really was unfair, as most private PCNs are.  Conclude by asking him if UKCPM have bothered to tell him that the Government is regulating this rogue industry in 2024 and one of the things that "dodgy" ex-wheelclampers like UKCPM will have to improve is prominence of signage.  If they breach the new rules, the DVLA has the power to ban them and their ilk from accessing keeper data, effectively rendering the operation at this car park null and void. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback