Individual consultations taking place with the minimum 30 day consultation period?

Options
I wanted to get clarification if they are allowed to have individual meetings, scoring and be told you are at risk if you are still in the 30 day consultation period?

We started group consultation on 21st March

I've just had my 121 consultation meeting 12th April (within the 30 days) to be told I'm at risk and will be going unless anything changes with the scoring

All staff affected are going to be made redundant on 30th April.

Can anyone advise if this is ok or they should be waiting until after the 30 days to start individual consultations unless it has been agreed by the company and the group reps and have it in writing (which is wasn't)

Thanks

Comments

• artyboy
    artyboy Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The '30 days' is the minimum consultation period before any actual dismissal can take place - assuming that the total number of redundancies is <100 (otherwise it would be a 45 day minimum). There's nothing I'm aware of that prevents you being told individually that you are 'at risk' of redundancy during that period. 

In fact, that 'at risk' notification has always been the first part of any consultation process I've been involved with (either as employer or employee)
  • TheSpiddalKid
    Options
    Yes then can and legally, they must do exactly what they have done. Your company has a legal duty to consult, this includes giving you information about selection criteria and any scores that have been completed and there must be an individual consultation meeting as well as a group consultation during the same consultation period. 

The consultation should be centred around the proposed method of selection and scoring and allow you to make comments and suggestions for alternatives. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback