IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DCBLegal Help with draft defence

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Remove mention of an allegation which isn't in the POC:

"but denies parking in an area where no parking is allowed."
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KCO09 said:
    I think my defence is due tomorrow (12th April)...

Claim Issue Date: 10/03/2023
    Submitted AoS: 22/03/2023
    AoS Received: 23/03/2023
    Date defence Due: 12/04/2023
    Yes you are right with your Defence filing deadline, but there might be something useful here...

With a Claim Issue Date of 10th March, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Wednesday 12th April 2023 to file your Defence.

That's tomorrow.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • KCO09
    KCO09 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks CM - Is this because the POC is worded as "The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s)" as opposed to the NTK which has the wording "Parked in an area where no parking is allowed"

Will remove that now - my only query then is how do I know I have a sufficient defence if the POC is not clear which part of the 'contract' has been breached - although that being said is it covered off by the subsequent paragraphs?

Do you think paragraphs 4 and 5 are ok as they are please?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 April 2023 at 10:03AM
    Options
    KCO09 said:
    Thanks CM - Is this because the POC is worded as "The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s)" as opposed to the NTK which has the wording "Parked in an area where no parking is allowed"

Will remove that now - my only query then is how do I know I have a sufficient defence if the POC is not clear which part of the 'contract' has been breached - although that being said is it covered off by the subsequent paragraphs?
    Do you think paragraphs 4 and 5 are ok as they are please?
    That is why you use @Johny86's defence, because there is scant detail in the POC.  Your additional words seem to cover it and you can expand on that, with evidence, at witness statement stage.
  • KCO09
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the re-confirmation Le_Kirk
  • KCO09
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi All - thanks for the previous advice, I kept following the instructions in the NEWBIES thread and have now received a General Form of Judgement or Order dated 22nd February 2024, wording as follows:

"Before Deputy District Judge Humphrey...

UPON READING the Claim Form and the Defence
    AND UPON the Court considering the Particulars of Claim to be deficient

IT IS ORDERED that:-

1. Claimant shall have permission to file and serve amended Particulars of Claim

2. The claim shall be stayed until the Claimant files and serves the amended Particulars of Claim

3. The claim shall stand struck out, without the need for further order, if the Claimant does not file and serve the amended Particulars of Claim by 21 March 2024.

4. Defendant shall have file and serve an amended Defence within 28 days of receipt of any amended Particulars of Claim.

5. This Order has been made by the Court's own initiative under Civil Procedure Rule 3.3. Any party affected by this order may apply to have it set aside varied or stayed such application must be made within 7 days after the date when this order was served on the party applying

Dated 26th January 2024"

Am I right in assuming there is no further action for me at this stage and that if UKPC wish to proceed with action against me then they have to file another Particulars of Claim - Is this good news.

Advice/Clarification much appreciated
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes indeed. This is good news.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep your eye on the ball and your letter box and email in box.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure